doxypy is an input filter for Doxygen. It reformats python comments to conform to doxygen documentation blocks. This makes it possible to use the Doxygen/Javadoc syntax inside of docstrings when writing code documentation and automatically generate API documentation out of it instead of being forced to use non-python documentation blocks or to document code redundantly.
Should you discover any bugs, please report them.
doxypy currently is not in active development. Should you require more features than doxypy offers please have a look at doxypypy. Doxypypy started as a fork of doxypy but is growing beyond the bounds of doxypy quickly.
doxypy was written by
- Mark Streatfield and Rob Pieké
- Matthieu Walter
- Anthony Foglia
- Greg Smith
In order to make Doxygen preprocess files through doxypy simply install it by running
sudo python setup.py install
and then add the following lines to your
FILTER_SOURCE_FILES = YES INPUT_FILTER = "python /usr/local/bin/doxypy.py"
That's it. Doxygen will now preprocess every source file through doxypy and then process doxypy's output.
If you want to make Doxygen recognize your module docstrings, you have to add a
namespace command to the docstring (see the Doxygen documentation).
Should you be unfamiliar with doxygen and using it to document python code you might want to take a look at this tutorial by Greg Smith.
- doxypy-0.4.2.tar.gz (2009-10-14)
- Removed malfunctioning setup.py workaround
- doxypy-0.4.1.tar.gz (2008-12-05)
- Fixed FS#34
- doxypy-0.4.tar.gz (2008-11-13)
- Fixed FS#33
- Switched to line-based input processing
--debugoption for generating debug output on stderr
- doxypy-0.3.tar.gz (2008-06-12)
- Added support for string prefixes for docstrings
- doxypy-0.3rc2.tar.gz (2007-12-18)
- Multiline function and class definitions will now be handled correctly
- Added the
- doxypy-0.3rc1.tar.gz (2007-12-02)
- Complete rewrite as a Finite State Machine
- doxypy-0.2.2.py (2007-07-27)
- Added support for single quote comment delimiters
- Minor cleanups
- doxypy-0.2.1.py (2006-10-21)
- Minor bugfixes
- Trimming of codeblocks is now disabled by default
- doxypy-0.2.py (2006-10-15)